Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The First Post

I hope to use this blog as a sort of open journal about my reintroduction to role-playing games. You see, until recently I hadn't played for over 20 years. About 1986 to be exact. Oh, I had some of my old games around and would periodically pull one out and generate a character or three. I particularly like doing this with Traveller. I still have my LBBs from the early '80s. Recently, I purchased the Mongoose version and generated characters from it. Now, my main problem has always been finding the time and the people to play with. This has changed recently. My oldest son turned nine this year. He also read, or should I say devoured, The Hobbit and a series of books entitled The Knights of the Silver Dragon. This is a series of children's books based D&D featuring an apprentice wizard, his younger brother, and a young thief. I asked him if he wanted to play a game like that. He said yes. So I am back playing rpgs.

No comments:

Post a Comment