Thursday, October 9, 2014

Updates

So, I have neglected this blog again.  I spend too much time reading G+ apparently.

I haven't been doing much gaming-wise.  I spend a lot of time thinking and pondering game campaigns but other pressing matters and the fact that I have the attention span of a gnat mean I don't actually do much.

My son and I are trying get in a session or two of Weird Wars Rome but haven't managed to so far.  My schedule combined with his consuming love of computer games has made it difficult.

Two bright points.  My wife's laptop crashed and I not only saved all of her data but my meager tech skills managed to resurrect it!  I was surprised!

The second bright point is that my Barbarians of Lemuria character Arak-Aree was selected as one of three finalist for inclusion into the new Mythic Edition.  Simon Washbourne, the games creator, will choose which of the three will be included.  Just being a finalist is exciting.

Last but not least I want to mention one of my favorite blogs.  Tommy Brownell over at The Most Unread Blog on the Internet...Ever produces quality stuff relating to RPGs.  I particularly enjoy his informative reviews.  They have guided several of my RPG purchases and I have never been disappointed with the result.  An example of this is his review of Servants of Gaius.  Having read some Roman history in my time I was very skeptical about the setting of this game.  However, I took the plunge and have been very pleased with the results.  So, if you haven't read Tommy's blog, I recommend that you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment