Saturday, April 13, 2019

Spring Break

Last week was spring break for my boys so we decided to head south and visit Portland, OR.  Specifically, Powell's Books and Guardian Games.  Now, we've been to Powell's before and it is a
The RPG shelf at Powell's
booklover's delight.  If you are not familiar with Powell's it is a four story building that takes up an entire city block and is full of books.  Books of every imaginable kind.  A bibliophile's heaven.  I could spend days there if I had the time and the money.

I had never been to Guardian Games before.  It is the largest game store I have ever been in.  A huge amount of board games.  A large selection of RPGs.  A bunch of other stuff I didn't have time to really look at, including a corner just for Legos.
The board games shelves at Guardian Games.  Can you find the hidden people?

Between the two stores, beside the requisite history books, I purchased the core rules of Dungeon Crawl Classics and a used boxed set of Adventures in the East Mark.



It was a fun trip.  The boys enjoyed themselves and we got to visit two great stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment