Saturday, July 25, 2020

More Hex Kit Fun

A month or so ago I picked up a bundle that had the Hex Kit program bundled with all of the official tile sets that Cone of Negativity sells for less than the price it would've costed me to buy the tile sets that I didn't have individually.  Which was cool.  I got some funky color sets I like and a space set I haven't messed with yet.

I also ran across a third party tile set called "Classic Hex Map Tileset".  I was rather stoked about it because this set hearkened back to a more classic style of map that I associate (rightly or wrongly) with the '80s.  As you can see from the quick sample map I created it is clean and simple.  It also takes advantage of Hex Kit's flattop orientation, which most of the sets don't



I really like this set but the one downside is that it doesn't come with provisions for rivers or roads.  I find that disappointing.  Now I can dip into the other tile sets and use the rivers and roads from those but since they weren't created specifically for this set it can be a little more difficult to work with and the results can be a little more awkward looking.

But overall, I really like this set.


No comments:

Post a Comment