Monday, January 11, 2010

Mazes & Minotaurs

James over at Grognardia posted a review of Mazes & Minotaurs. M&M is what reintroduced me to roleplaying games in general and old school in particular. I was poking around the web when I was becoming interested in rpgs again and I ran across it. I downloaded it and printed it. I think it is a nifty game and hope to play it someday.

I particularly like the conceit that it is what D&D would've been if its creators had followed Greco-Roman influences instead of European Medieval. Running around fighting mythical creatures in a pseudo-Mediterranean world just plain appeals to me. I hope others like it just as much. I've only read the 1972 edition but hope to get around to the rest eventually. There are even supplements, modules and magazines on the M&M website.

No comments:

Post a Comment