Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Open Basic: Retro d100 Roleplaying

Image result for d10 diceHas anybody seen this?  It's a free game by James Hargrove of Mystic Beard Games.  It's a very light, boiled down version of the Basic Role Playing system.  I haven't played BRP, Call of Cthulhu or any of their relatives but I have read the quick-starts.  People talk about how easy and intuitive the system is but it was never completely clear to me.  For example, I never quite understood the Resistance Table in BRPCall of Cthulhu was a little better but my poor brain just didn't quite grasp it.  I know it is my shortcoming not the systems.

Now we come to Open Basic.  This is completely clear to me.  I'm actually a little bit excited about it and want to give it a try.  And better yet it's got a High Fantasy Plugin for only 50 cents that I'm going to take a look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment