Friday, April 20, 2018

D&D 5e

I observed a group of friends playing a game of 5e a couple of weeks ago.  It was fun and interesting.  Their characters are all around 10th level and seemed pretty powerful to me.  They were in some kind of temple trying to stop some cultists from completing a ritual which included human sacrifice that they knew would have some sort of dire consequences though they didn't know exactly what.

Long story short, they inadvertently helped complete a certain portion of the ritual, they killed a lot of cultists, a giant demon dude was summoned from hell through a portal and they defeated him by using some magic spell to push him back through and then sealed the portal.

I understood most of what was going on though some of the exact details went by me.  It all seemed fun.  My main criticism was that the combat took longer than I expected.  I don't know if that was just my perception, the particular encounter or if it is typical for 5e.

No comments:

Post a Comment