Friday, April 20, 2018

Helms Will Be Dented!


I was thinking about helmets in White Box and other OSR games and how, for the most part, they are treated as window dressing.  Then it struck me.  I really like the Shields Shall Be Splintered houserule so why not apply it to helmets!  I hadn't run across it before.  

Image result for damaged medieval helmetI thought I had come up with something original but of course I hadn't.

My thought was that characters could negate the damage from a single blow by sacrificing their helmet.  The helmet would be rendered useless and the character would be dazed for 1d6 turns, being able to only take defensive actions during that time.

I was excited until I started doing searches.  Of course others had thought of the idea.  Oh, well.  I like it and I think I will incorporate it.  It will make helmets useful and give characters a reason to purchase them is they so choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment