Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Perilous Shores

I'm always on the lookout for a good online map generator.  I loved the now sadly defunct Wizardawn and it's map creators.  I particularly liked the area generator that would produce a regional map with terrain, points of interest and, if you wanted, populated dungeons.  Now that it is gone I have been looking for a replacement.  I have found one that is pretty cool though it doesn't have quite as many features as the Wizardawn generated maps.  Despite that I like it a lot.

It is called Perilous Shores and it is free to use on itch.io.  It will create a random map with named towns, natural features and adventure sites. Once the map is generated you can modify the way it looks, add hexes to it, change tones, change the name of the towns and features and other miscellaneous things.

Here is a map as generated and then as modified by me.  You'll notice that there are some differences.  Changing some of the defaults will change the map.





2 comments: