Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Lightning Thief

My Queen and I took our two young Princes to see Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. My oldest read the book a week or two ago. He loved it and really wanted to see the movie. So we went. It was with some reservation that we took our youngest, only 5, but there was no way we could get away with taking one without the other. All of us enjoyed the movie. The monsters were a bit frightening for the young one but he really liked the movie. The first thing he asked when it was over was if we could buy it when it came out on DVD. I have never seen my oldest enjoy a movie more. He was literally sitting on the edge of his seat though the movie with a gigantic grin plastered on his face.

I think the movie could serve as a good setting for a modern day fantasy game. What if the Greek gods and other ancient deities still existed? And you discovered their existence or were somehow connected to them? A fun world to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment