Sunday, October 4, 2020

Thundarr Premiered 40 Years Ago

I didn't realize until someone pointed it out on social media that Thundarr the Barbarian premiered 40 years ago today.  I was rather blown away!  Thundarr impacted me a couple ways.  Not only did I enjoy the show on it's own merit.  I mean, hey, it was a gonzo post
apocalypse show filled with action unlike anything I've ever seen before.  But it also expanded my RPG horizons.  I started RPGs with Melee solo games and Holmes Basic.  Thundarr, combined with books I was reading at the time, led me to Gamma World and to other games after that.  And I loved Gamma World with all of it's strange possibilities.  Technology, psychic powers, mutants, animal and plant people.  The whole works.  

I have the series on DVD.  I'm going to have to break it out and watch a few episodes today.



No comments:

Post a Comment