Saturday, October 29, 2022

How Piperesque? Warm Fuzzies Anyone?

Garnett Elliott* asked me a good question.  Am I going to include Fuzzies in my Space Viking inspired setting?  That me made take a close look at what I'm doing.  How close to the fiction do I want to adhere? 

I knew from the start I couldn't do a straight conversion.  To much history, background and differences from Traveller for me to want to do that.  At first I thought I would incorporate some of the planets, names and history into the setting.  But I need to decide how much to steal borrow.  Or do I just go for the vibe.

At this point I'm thinking I will just go for the feeling of Space Viking with a few bits and pieces built in.  Maybe a few key planets.  An alien race or two, like the Fuzzies.  Then again, it might be "inspired by".  I'll have to see how it goes as I work on it.  Because honestly I've been vacillating between the two on an almost daily basis.  And it will probably end up somewhere in between.

So, I guess I don't have an answer to G-Man's question yet. 


*Game/adventure designer extraordinaire and author you should read if you like your fiction hardboiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment