Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Character Creation Challenge - Day 13 There and Back Again

I read and think about RPGs much more than I play them.  I look at a lot of blogs and read
a lot of posts.  One of my favorite posts (I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite) is "1937 Hobbit as a Setting" on the Rise Up Comus blog.  (Also "The Hobbit 1937" which is linked at the beginning of the post.)  It speculates out and then lays out what a setting and OSR type rules would be like if it were based on the original version of The Hobbit before it was modified to be more in line with The Lord of the Rings.

Well, a fellow named Ray Otus used these posts as inspiration to make a little game called There and Back Again.  The game is free and can be found here.

Here's a character:

Valdfast, Human Ranger
Toughness 7/Fate 3

Fighting: Hand to Hand Martial Combat
Foraging: Surviving (in the wild), Tracking









1 comment: